Exquisitely located in Lincoln Park on beautiful and private Webster Street, this 2 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom duplex up is walking distance to Lincoln Park Zoo, Oz Park and the Chicago Lakefront Trail. Interior features include 2 EcoSmart fireplaces, Carrera marble countertops, high end appliances including Wolf oven and range. Exterior features includes private balcony and common rear deck and courtyard as well as private ROOF RIGHTS for beautiful views of Chicago. Convenient to public transportation, only steps to the CTA Bus and Brown, Purple and Red lines. Garage parking included. $699,000. Email Grace@GoroBrennerGroup.com for showings.
Custom-built contemporary 3-story, 4600 sq. ft. home from Barnett Homes in the heart of Lakeview! Features a clean & modern design, south exposure, large open spaces on every level, natural light throughout, 6 bedrooms, 5 full & 2 half baths total. Wolf/Sub Zero appliances, Kohler/Hansgrohe plumbing fixtures plus a stunning kitchen island, custom cabinets, butler’s pantry, sep eating area & open family room leading to a mud room & lower level. Sep steam shower, custom tub & heated floors in master bath. Custom finished closets, two laundry rooms, 11-ft. ceilings, white oak hardwood floors, custom staircase, 2 fireplaces. Abundant exterior living space includes brick paver patio, huge roof deck, 2 car masonry garage. Exterior gas line, Marvin windows, zoned heating & air, heated floors on lower level as well. Basement & penthouse wet bars include refrigerators. Penthouse has DW too. Wired for media, alarm system, speakers and subwoofer. $2,075,000. Email Grace@GoroBrennerGroup.com or Julia@GoroBrennerGroup.com for an advanced showing.
Charmingly located on quiet, one-way Buckingham Place, this 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom East Lakeview condo is minutes from restaurants, retail, transportation and beautiful, booming Wrigley. Interior features include gas fireplace with custom mantel, hardwood floors throughout, natural light, high-end, stainless steel appliances including Viking oven/range, SubZero fridge and Bosch dishwasher. Property also features in-unit washer/dryer, huge walk-in closets with custom closetry and oversized, private rear balcony. Walking distance to the CTA bus and Purple, Red, Brown lines at Belmont. One parking space included.
Buying your first home is an exhilarating experience! It may mean you’re growing your family or you’ve finally gotten that promotion that will allow you to make a big investment. However, it can also be a very stressful time. Through the help of your realtor, lender and other great resources, you can be fully prepared for this exciting transition. The following steps map out the best way to prepare for your home purchase:
9 Months Out
- Check your credit score. A Federal Trade Commission study found one in four Americans identified errors on their credit report, and 5% had errors that could lead to higher rates on loans. Knowing in advance will give you time to fix any errors or raise your credit score if necessary.
- Talk to a mortgage broker to find out what you can afford. Lenders look for a total debt load of no more than 43% of your gross monthly income (called the debt-to-income ratio). This figure includes your future mortgage and any other debts, such as a car loan, student loan or revolving credit cards. Look for a mortgage broker who will shop for a competitive loan rate for you among multiple lenders.
- Prioritize what you want in your home and neighborhood. Unless you’re buying new construction, no home will have everything you want. In order to focus your search and find your ideal home, it’s important to know what you can and can’t live without.
6 Months Out
- Contact your realtor to map out your timeline and discuss your goals. An agent will work in your best interest to find you the right property, negotiate with the seller’s agent and shepherd you through the closing process.
3 Months Out
- Focus your search and start actively looking at homes. At this point, hopefully you’ve scoped out neighborhoods that interest you and browsed through potential homes online. Now your realtor will schedule times for you to go out and view the homes.
- Work with your lender to get approved for your loan. He or she will most likely require your W-2 forms, pay stubs, tax returns, bank statements, credit card and loan statements, and more.
2 Months Out
- Make an offer on a home. It usually takes at least four to six weeks to close on a home. If you have a firm move-out date, allow enough time to deal with any hiccups that can delay closing.
- Get a home inspection. One of the first things you’ll do after an offer is accepted is have a home inspector look at the property. If the home inspector finds something that needs repair, that may cause you to restructure the deal and could delay closing.
- Find a real estate lawyer. Your agent will most likely be able to recommend someone to you that he or she has worked with in the past.
1 Month Out
- Stay in constant communication with your realtor, your lender and your lawyer. You’re in the home stretch and you want to ensure that everyone has their ducks in a row for closing.
- Get insurance for your new home. Don’t forget to secure insurance before closing. You’ll need to provide proof of insurance on or before closing.
- Do a final walk-through of your new home. This usually occurs the day of closing to make sure the home is in the shape you and the seller have agreed upon.
- Get a cashier’s check or bank wire for closing. You’ll get the amount owed at closing a few days before closing so you can secure a cashier’s check or arrange to have the money wired. Regular checks aren’t accepted.
While this list might seem overwhelming, your real estate agent will be there every step of the way to walk you through it. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions at Julia@reprealestate.com.
Information taken from Houselogic.com. Photo taken from City of Chicago.
Beautifully rehabbed unit on a quaint, tree-lined street in Lincoln Park. Only a few blocks from the Armitage L stop, the lake and an abundance of restaurants (including some awesome BYOBs!).
8 Rooms / 4 Bedrooms / 2 Baths
For similar properties in this or neighboring locations, email firstname.lastname@example.org
333 W. Hubbard, 2L
2 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms
1237 Sq. Ft.
1 Garage Space
This 2 bed/2 bath River North condo was everything our buyer was looking for. It’s unique layout with an open concept kitchen and living room, large bedroom sizes and gorgeous bathrooms made for a stunning home practically tailor-made for our client – complete with a corner nook just large enough to house the baby grand piano!
This stunner is now off the market, but to view similar properties please contact email@example.com.
1109 N. Hermitage, #2
Gorgeous new condo in Wicker Park. Built in 2009, this property features luxury appliances, beautiful crown molding, a fireplace, a large deck and one garage space. Dark hardwood floors throughout and an abundance of natural light.
As REP Group agents, we respect and appreciate our client’s privacy. To inquire about pricing for similar properties in the area, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read Patch’s story for more information.
These are 10 of my favorite Chicago staples (in no particular order because how could you!)
- Favorite Sweet Shop
- Favorite Boutique
- Favorite Donut Spot
- Favorite BYOB
- Favorite Steakhouse
- Favorite Gym
- Favorite Dog Park
- Favorite Rooftop Bar
- Favorite Hair Salon
- Favorite Pizza
Hope these are some of your favorite things, too!
Lincoln Park’s newest infrastructure is impossible to miss! While traffic is a real bummer around the Clybourn Corridor (what else is new?), the latest development – dubbed New City – will bring a bevy of shopping, restaurant and entertainment options to residents. Mariano’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods and King Bowl America are just a few of the new hot spots coming your way. According to Curbed, the 19 story residential tower is targeted to open on July 1, while the commercial sections will open throughout September and October.
Take a tour of this mega development.
7326 N. Olcott
Edison Park, Chicago
3 Bedrooms / 2 Baths
WIDE 49 FT. LOT
OPEN HOUSE SUNDAY, JAN. 25 @ 12-2pm
Email Grace@REPrealestate.com for more details